Red Cross Million Volunteer Run: P500 instead of P1000 for a run registration
- Help make the Philippines the Volunteer Capital of The World. This run aims to make history by breaking the Guiness World Book of Records.
- Run will be held at the SM Mall of Asia
- All registered participants for the Red Cross Million Volunteer Run will become official Red Cross 143 volunteers: Our first responders and blood donors in any catastrophic event in the Philippines
- Each runner will receive an official Volunteer Kit which includes the Singlet, Race Number, Disaster Preparedness Guide, Red Cross 143 ID Card, and Red Cross 143 whistle
- The run aims to heighten public awareness to reduce disaster risks and vulnerability of the community in the interest of saving lives
- The run aims to raise money to fund the humanitarian activities of the Philippine Red Cross
- May purchase multiple Groupons
- Redemption of race kits run from November 15, 2011 – December 1, 2011 from 10:00am – 5:00pm at the Philippine Red Cross Head Office - Bonifacio Drive, Port Area, Intramuros, Manila 2803
- Groupon is valid for the Manila run only
- Race date is on December 4, 2011, 6:00am at SM Mall of Asia Grounds
- 100% of the proceeds will go the Philippine Red Cross as a donation. No refund policy for this Groupon.
- See the rules of the run below for more information
- See the rules that apply to all deals
With the United Nations having declared 2011 as the International
Year of Volunteers (Resolution 52/17), the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) will
serve as a driving force to advance the spirit of volunteerism to address
today’s humanitarian challenges. The Philippine Red Cross is organizing the ―Red Cross Million Volunteer Run, a
record-breaking run for humanity set on December 4, 2011, to be held
simultaneously in key cities and municipalities of the Philippines.
Marian Rivera talking about the Million Volunteer Run
Over the last 20 years, the Philippines has been plagued by 363
natural disasters — earthquakes, typhoons, landslides, volcanic eruptions,
tsunamis and epidemics that left 116 million lives severely affected. In 2009,
the Philippines topped the list of the world’s most disaster-prone countries.
In 2010, we ranked third among countries most frequently hit by disasters and
natural calamities as the country was ravaged 14 times, just behind China and
Paolo Bediones supports the Million Volunteer Run
The Philippine Red Cross will
empower the nation against the dangers of disasters. This run will be the
largest ever in the history of the world, with an ultimate target of over one
million volunteer runners. All participants will be trained as humanitarian
soldiers when disaster strikes. In line with this effort to build the nation’s
capacity to cope with life-threatening emergencies, the cost to run is P1000.
The funds will be raised for the Red
Cross 143 Volunteers Training Program on disaster management and equip
Filipino communities with life-saving tools.
Chairman Richard Gordon and Red Cross Supporters
Celebrities supporting the Red Cross Million
The rules of the run are as follows:
- Red Cross Million Volunteer Run is a road race for men and women 3 years old and above.
- Participants below 18 years old must have their parent/guardian sign the Million Volunteer Parental Consent Form and submit to any of the Philippine Red Cross Chapters nationwide.
- All volunteer runners must fill up a registration form.
- The registration fee for each volunteer is P500
- Each runner will receive an official Volunteer Kit which includes the Singlet, Race Number, Disaster Preparedness Guide, Red Cross 143 ID Card, and Red Cross 143 whistle.
- Race bib number must be worn at all times during race. It should be pinned in front of the singlet.
- Race date is on Sunday, December 4, 2011.
- Race starts promptly at 6:00 AM. Assembly is at 5:00 AM.
- Runners must wear their singlet and bib in order to participate in the Million Volunteer Run.
- Participants may run, walk or rest upon their discretion.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject any participant found to have misrepresented him/her.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter any of the above rules and regulations they may deem necessary to ensure the success of the race.
- The decision of the organizers is final.
- Groupon is valid for the Mall of Asia leg only.