“Crisostomo Ibarra” by Ballet Philippines – tickets starting at P300 (50% off)
- After a successful national and international tour, Ballet Philippines' Crisostomo Ibarra returns for 2 weekends at the CCP Little Theater.
- Awarded 'Outstanding Dance Production of 2010' by the Gawad Buhay! Awards for the performing Arts, Ibarra caps the sesquicentennial of Dr. Jose Rizal, our national hero, with these special performances scheduled around his birthday this year.
- Join Ballet Philippines in celebrating Rizal by revisiting his Noli in dance form.
- Choreographed by BP artistic Director, Paul Alexander Morales, the 2 evening performances features the live performance of Jed Balsamo's noted original score with 5 leading musicians performing for these special Gala nights.
- Groupon is valid on June 16 (2:00pm & 6:00pm), 17 (2:00pm), 23 (2:00pm & 6:00pm) & 24 (2:00pm), 2012
- May purchase multiple Groupons
- Limit 1 Groupon per person per show
- Seats subject to availability (free seating)
- Bring printed voucher on the day itself
- Tickets may be claimed 2 hours before the show
- For inquiries, call +632.551.1003 / +632.551.0221 / +632.832.6011 on Weekdays from 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Show starts promptly at 2:00pm (June 16, 17, 23 & 24) and 6:00pm (June 16 & 23) at CCP Little Theater
- Address: CCP Little Theater,(Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino), Pasay City
- See the rules that apply to all deals
According to ancient ritual, in order to earn the right to be the town’s dancer, one should dance while stepping on burning coal. Place some ice instead and put a twist on whimsical Saturday and Sunday afternoon strolls with today’s Groupon to Ballet Philippines. Choose from the following options:
- P300 (P600 value) for any seat – June 16, 2012 2:00pm
- P300 (P600 value) for any seat – June 17, 2012 2:00pm
- P300 (P600 value) for any seat – June 23, 2012 2:00pm
- P300 (P600 value) for any seat – June 24, 2012 2:00pm
- P500 (P1000 value) for any seat – June 16, 2012 6:00pm
- P500 (P1000 value) for any seat – June 23, 2012 6:00pm
Put on those decade-old dancing shoes and skip towards the land of enchantment with this deal to Ballet Philippines. Its dedicated performers can make any duck with two left feet soar high and dance like a stringed puppet. Now on its 43rd season, Ballet Philippines continues to provide entertainment, inspiration and love of Filipino heritage as they proudly present a contemporary ballet based on Rizal’s revolutionary novel, Noli Me Tangere, in an amazing dance and multi-media show, Crisostomo Ibarra. The thought-provoking ballet captures the life of a privileged young man and his struggles with the strong tides of change. Long after its international debut in Singapore, Crisostomo Ibarra continues to wow audiences and leave Filipinos in breathless wonder.
Founded in 1969 by Alice Reyes with the support of Eddie Elejar and the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Ballet Philippines (BP) is widely recognized today as a cornerstone of the Filipino cultural identity. It is globally recognized as the country’s flagship company in ballet and contemporary dance. From full-length classical ballets and internationally recognized masterworks to indigenous works of Filipino folklore and social issues, the company weaves a colorful tapestry of the Philippine’s rich and diverse cultural heritage – uniquely and distinctly Filipino.