- Performed by the Philippines’ premiere dance company
- Giselle is a classical beloved romantic tragedy of loss, forgiveness and love beyond death
- It is being re-staged by the Philippines’ premier danseur, Nonoy Froilan to start off the Blue Moon Series i.e. a two-week fundraising series celebrating the company’s sapphire milestone
- The 2013 re-staging earned recognition at the Philstage Gawad Buhay awards, winning the trophies for Outstanding Ensemble Performance for Classical Dance, Male Lead Performance in Classical Dance for Jean Marc Cordero, and Female Featured Performance in Classical Dance for Rita Winder
- The repertoire is touted as one of ballet’s greatest
- Ballet Philippines is globally recognized as the country’s flagship company in ballet and contemporary dance
- It is now celebrating its 45th Anniversary
Valid only on September 20 for the 2:00PM or the 6:00PM show. Valid only for option purchased. May purchase and use multiple Groupons. Tickets are non-refundable. Groupon is good for 1 person. No seat reservation. DTI-NCR Permit No. 4311 Series of 2013. See the rules that apply to all deals.
Printed voucher is required upon redemption Groupons may be redeemed at Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theater) Roxas Blvd., Pasay City Redemption of tickets schedule: Show starts promptly at 2:00PM and 6:00PM respectively. Please claim tickets 1 hour before the show starts
If a picture paints a thousand words, and action speaks louder than words, then a ballet dance show can tell more stories than the doodles in your notebooks ever could. Watch stories come to life in motion without having to pick up a book or paintbrush with today’s Groupon
- Offer 1: P400 (P1000 value) for Orchestra Side Seats for 2:00PM Show
- Offer 2: P400 (P1000 value) for Orchestra Side Seats for 6:00PM Show
- Offer 3: P468 (P1200 value) for Orchestra Center Seats for 2:00PM Show
- Offer 4: P648 (P1200 value) for Orchestra Center Seats for 6:00PM Show
Put on those decade-old dancing shoes and jeté towards the land of enchantment with this deal to Ballet Philippines. Its dedicated performers can make any duck with two left feet soar high and dance like a stringed puppet. With today’s Groupon, see a classic narrative unfold as Ballet Philippines opens its 45th Anniversary show with a production of Giselle at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. Giselle is a world-famous ballet relaying the tragic romance of a young peasant girl who falls in love with a prince in disguise, and Ballet Philippines’ re-staging of the story is brought to life by the choreography of Rafael “Nonoy” Froilan and the artistic direction of Paul Morales.
What lies at the very heart of this ballet is its story. Its message and the emotion it conveys have the power to move an audience to tears. While other ballets may be remembered for a particularly fantastic movement, “Giselle” will always be remembered by how it made people feel.
ABOUT THE MERCHANT
Founded in 1969 by Alice Reyes with the support of Eddie Elejar and the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Ballet Philippines (BP) is widely recognized today as a cornerstone of the Filipino cultural identity. Ballet Philippines is globally recognized as the country’s flagship company in ballet and contemporary dance.