Explore Bangkok: Half-day Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour starting at P2500 for 2 people (Up to 45% off)
- Inclusive of pick-up from Bangkok City area hotels (Sukhumvit, Silom & Pratunam area)
- Includes a visit to the Mae Klong Railway Market, which was featured in Discovery Channel
- Get close and personal when the train passes through the market, see the make-shift stalls close and re-open in a matter of minutes as the train passes by
- Includes a visit to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, the most famous floating market in Thailand
- Optional visit to the Samphan Crocodile & Elephant Farm
- Travel period: May 24 – October 31, 2012
- All reservations must be made before June 15, 2012 and at least 7 days prior to preferred date of tour
- Reservations are to be sent to email@example.com with names, preferred date(s), Groupon code, security code and attached Groupon
- Minimum of 2 persons to go
- Subject to tour availability
- No cancellations allowed upon confirmation. Amendments possible, subject to tour availability.
- Printed Groupon must be presented on tour date
- Groupon is non-combinable with other promotions, non-refundable and non-exchangeable
- All rates are net, inclusive of applicable taxes and service charge
- Pick-up only from Bangkok city area hotels (Sukhumvit, Silom & Pratunam area); please indicate when making reservations.
- See the rules that apply to all deals
Contrary to popular belief, for best results, one must not just float like a butterfly and sting like a bee but also remain as headstrong as a mule in a titanium helmet. Today’s Groupon exercises one-third of ideal animal instincts with a half-day tour of Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Choose between two options:
- P2500 (P4500 value) for a half-day Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour for 2 people
- P4250 (P7800 value) for a half-day Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour for 4 people
Insomniacs and slumbering brethren are relieved of sleeping obligations, as guests are picked up from hotel residences before departing for Mae Klong Railway Market. At the market, vendors close and re-open makeshift stalls in a matter of minutes to accommodate passing trains and obsessive compulsive tendencies. Further shopping needs are satiated with visits to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market to peruse wares that include local cuisine, spices, fruits, vegetables, souvenirs and more. Check in with long lost reptilian and mammalian kin before being delivered back to doorsteps in time for afternoon siestas or fiestas.
The Floating Market of Damnoen Saduak is one of Thailand’s most popular and famous attractions. Just 100km from Bangkok, the bustling market lies at the heart of a twisting network of canals lined with traditional villages. Although it sells mostly tourist souvenirs these days, the market offers a glimpse of Thai culture and the opportunity to cruise down the river on a charming long tail boat.
7:00am: Pick-up at your hotel lobby
8:30am: Visit The Mae Klong Railway Market
9:30am: Visit The Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
11:00am: Visit The Samphan Crocodile & Elephant Farm (optional)
12:00nn: End of tour
Nearby places of interest
- Benjakiti Park
- Central World Shopping Centre
- Grand Palace – Temple of Emerald Buddha
- Thailand Stock Exchange
- Sukhumvit road shopping and entertainment
- Damnernsaduak Floating Market
- Wat Arun - Temple of the Dawn
- Wat Pho – Temple of the Reclining Buddha
- Chatuchak weekend market
- Khao San road
we went to this floating market and really enjoyed it. our family of 4 went in a long tailed boat that had a woman paddling it for us. she gave us straw hats to wear. our ride lasted just over an hour, which was more than enough time. if course it is touristy, but i believe all the floating markets are at this point, but i felt it had an authentic feel to it as a first time visitor to Thailand. i bought some spices, some fruit and some souvenirs.
-- – salsajo
I'd recommend you go. We visite it last week - took a long tail boat into the market and shopped. It was fun,good food (try the mango sticky rice) and interesting. We were there a total of about 1.5 hours. The ride along on the boat was worthwhile. Shopping was fun.
-- – SDSpartan
Similar deals from this merchant
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in the Philippines
Further deals in other categories
Bangkok 2 Tour13/45 Soi Ram 107 Hua-Mak Bangkapi